Simple & Sweet DIY Project: Ten June

While I'm planning my last minute wedding details, getting hitched and enjoying our honeymoon, I'm excited to have a few of my favorite blog friends (and in real life friends, too!) filling in for me! Today one of my dearest friends, Michelle from Ten June, is here to share a simple and sweet DIY project. We met in the early days of blogging, almost 6 years ago. We've been able to see each other a few times over the past few years, which has been so fun. You'll love her as much as I do :)

***




Hi there! I'm Michelle from the blog Ten June. I'm happy to be here chatting with y'all while Michaela is away getting hitched! Michaela and I met through blogging years ago and have remained close friends for years. In fact, I'll be in California attending her wedding, so make sure you follow me on Instagram for behind the scenes fun : )

When it comes to being married, I think one major piece of advice is to make everyday life special together. My husband, David, and I have been married for eight years and have two little ones. We both work full time and right now we're also juggling designing and building our new house (a modern farmhouse! so fun!). Needless to say, remembering romance and savoring special moments doesn't always hit the top of our to-do list.

One way to make sure you remember those special moments with your spouse in the day-to-day is by creating a simple, DIY piece of art to keep in a space you both see it every day. A quick little reminder of your love. It may be song lyrics, a Bible verse, whatever is special to you. My husband likes to flash me (woah, where is this going!.... I kid) the sign language sign for "I love you" as he's walking out the door or across the room if we're out in public. So I commemorated that special, sweet act by simply printing a black and white image of the sign, added some simple type with the phrase "I love you," layered it on patterned card stock and framed in a nice frame. And now that sweet little sign greets us on our bedroom dresser every day. So easy but so sweet!

Congratulations to Michaela and McCann, I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait for you guys to start your own family and create your own sweet memories and daily moments!

~Michelle



Photobucket

1 comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top