The Best Things We Registered For

About a year ago we begun registering for our wedding gifts. I remembering being a little overwhelmed because I wanted to make sure we registered at places people would find convenient AND I wanted to be sure everything we needed was accounted for. So I narrowed down our registry items to Pottery Barn, Macy's and Zola. And then I did register for just a few things from Anthropologie, but not many. Zola was the only untraditional registry, but it ended up working out really well. We loved that we could register for our honeymoon trip and activities on that site, we could choose when to have items shipped and choose where to have them ship as well. It was really great! But I think it's important to register at a few stores, only because some people (like grandparents!) want to actually GO to the store to see what they are buying for you, as opposed to purchasing the gifts online. That's why Macy's and Pottery Barn were good options for us!

Without further adieu, here are our favorite registry items!

Top 10 Best Things We Registered For:

1. Cambria Dishes: I just love the simplicity to our dishes. The finish has that rustic feel I like, but not too shabby chic. They are still very classic! They're also super sturdy! Something else I really like is that the largest plate can be used as a charger under the smaller salad plate (which is a really generous size for a salad plate). You can choose between a coupe bowl or cereal bowl, so we went with the cereal bowl and I'm so glad we did. It's also a great size for a salad.

2. Tidbit Plates: these petite little plates match our Cambria set of dishes. I registered for 16 of these, even though we only got 12 dinner sets, because I knew I would use them often for dessert and appetizers. Turns out they're my FAVORITE thing we own!! The size is perfect for apps, the shape is adorable, and I use one every morning for my toast ;)


3. Good Knifes: there ain't nothin' like good knifes. They just make the cooking that I do do, so much more enjoyable.


4. Serving Platters- rectangular, round: I've loved using these both for serving and entertaining when friends come over! Both are great sizes.


5. Fresh Towels: I think towels is something everyone needs to register for! We went with the very basic light gray and white for wash cloths and bath towels, then did more decorative hand towels. I find that towels fade rather quickly (especially hand towels!) so I get inexpensive ones at World Market, so they're not too $$$ to replace. They are so cute! These are the hand towels we currently have.


6. Coffee Grinder & French Press: these two are from my husband. He uses his coffee grinder and french press nearly every morning and he absolutely LOVES the brands we got!

7. Cute Dish Towels -- on sale now! Necessary? Not at all. Super fun and cute?! Totally ;)


8. Stemless Wine Glasses: I don't trust myself with stemmed wine glasses in the house, so stemless it is! ;)

9. Kitchen Aid Mixer: While cooking isn't my favorite, I do love to bake! I keep our kitchen aid on the shelves in our laundry room for easy access whenever I need it. It makes mixing so easy!

10. 4 Piece Toaster: I've mentioned before that I have toast for breakfast every morning, so a good toaster was a must. We've really liked having the 4 piece toaster so that when we eat breakfast together on weekends, we can both have our english muffins in at the same time!


Things we didn't register for, but LOVE:

1. Herb Scissors : GLORY! These are so amazing. Cutting herbs can be tedious and honestly, kind of hard sometimes. These make it so easy and quick!!

2. Betty Crocker Newlywed Cookbook: we've tried a few recipes out of this book and have loved every one of them!


Registry Tips:

- Register at a few different places
- Register for things in different price points so someone with a lower budget for your gift can still find something you want.
- Register for a wide variety of items so that there are enough things on the list for your guests to get you!
- DON'T put where you're registered on your wedding invitation. That information should go on a separate insert.
- DO put your registry details on your wedding website so people can easily find it, if you have a website.
- Think hard and make a list of items you need to register for before you go shopping. I actually went to Macy's myself first, before bringing my husband, just to make a list of things I thought we might need and take a survey of the area ;) THEN I brought him back and we chose the specifics together.
- Don't register for it if you don't actually want it. If I could go back, I might actually register for less stuff and more honeymoon experiences. Thank goodness we have a garage to store all of our kitchen stuff that we don't use on the daily!
- If you're giving gifts to a bride-to-be or newly married couple, try your hardest to stick to the registry! They registered for those items because they love them and they want them for their home :) Diverting from the registry usually ends up in the couple making returns. Of course there's always exceptions to this...like, if you're a really good friend of the bride and know she'll love what you got her. Just some thoughts to consider!

What did YOU register for and end up loving?!

***

PS. Head over to Rue Magazine to check out one of my latest client projects. The reveal is on Rue Daily today, along with a list of Winter Refresh ideas for your home!
ashley slater photography 


Happy Thursday!
xoxo

Photobucket

3 comments

  1. We love our towels from Macy's that we registered for & our dinnerware too! One thing I like to gift couples for their wedding (especially if registry items are mostly purchased) is a giftcard to a nice dinner, etc so they can go on on us after the whirlwind of the wedding & honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite gifts to give a newlywed couple is to have their invitation made into a custom plate. The people I have given it to rave about it and still have it either displayed on their bookcase or hung somewhere in their home (over 5+ years later!)

    I've searched a ton of companies for this and tried a few, and this has been my favorite.
    http://www.marye-kelley.com/custom_wedding_invitation_decoupage_plate_gift_.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips and registry must-haves! It's tradition that my parents gift us a Kitchen Aid mixer and I'm so excited to get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top